- Please include “submission” and the genre of your piece in the subject of your submissions.
- Please submit no more than three pieces of any genre or median. Please attach writing separately as a .doc or as a Google doc. Please submit the highest quality images as you are able to.
- Please include a headshot and a 100-word-or-less bio with your pronouns. Please include any social media links.
- We will consider previously published work, if the previous publications do not retain rights. Please let us know in your submission if the work is previously published, so we can credit accordingly.
- Submissions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline: May 31, 2021
What We Look For
We are not a horror journal. South Broadway Ghost Society as a name speaks more to the way things remain even after time has passed.
South Broadway is in reference to the South Broadway region of Denver, a long-wide strip of road that dives straight towards downtown Denver. South Broadway is lined with eclectic shops ranging from sex shops, to anarchist book stores, to local craft breweries, to dive bar concert venues. South Broadway is gritty, it is alive, it’s the kind of neighborhood where you will see the same faces again and again. This sense of inclusivity and eclectic attitudes has been a large influence on the tone of our journal.
Writers and artists of color, as well as LGBTQIA+ folx are highly encouraged to submit. As a journal, we understand that the United States, as well as much of the developed world, has been created as a white patriarchal Christian heterosexual capitalist landscape, and this has been oppressive and violent for a long time to many groups of people. Part of our mission is to challenge these doctrines for better ones. We believe in love, and that love often looks radical during its time.
We believe one of the most important parts of the human experience is storytelling. That storytelling is a major vessel for human growth, one which fosters compassion and empathy. We like pieces that are intimate, pieces that challenge the status quo, pieces that our readers will be thinking about when they are driving home late at night. We believe in creating a rich journal and a space where most everyone feels comfortable sharing their experiences. We like humor, especially when that humor serves a bigger purpose.